At Bamara, we understand that everything you do is for your kids. Our ParentsNext program is here to make preparing for your next step in life just that little bit easier.
We’re here to help you reach your goals, whether they are career-driven or family-focused. We’ll take the time to discuss your goals with you and connect you with community services you may need.
Whether you’ve got career goals like returning to the workforce, family-oriented goals like finding a suitable kindergarten, or personal goals like sourcing housing, legal assistance or financial aid, we will develop a customised participation plan tailored to meet your goals.
How we'll work with you
- We connect participants to a wide range of government-funded programs, initiatives, and activities
- We’ll assist you with a plan to realise your goals – whether they are career, family or personal goals
- We work to create a participation plan tailored to meet your goals
- We’ll provide you with local area knowledge and access to experienced professionals to assist you with your needs
- As part of your job seeking requirements, we can assist you in accessing funding for educational purposes
Who is eligible?
Parents may have to participate in ParentsNext if they have:
- received Parenting Payment for the last six months
- not had employment earnings during this period, and
- a child aged under six years.
- if you currently live in one of the following Employment Regions:
Alice Springs & Darwin
Alice Springs, Casuarina, Palmerston
Cairns, Cardwell, Innisfail, Mareeba, Mossman, Mount Garnet, Tully
Cessnock, Maitland, Newcastle, Toronto
Mid North Coast
Bellingen, Coffs Harbour, Gloucester, Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Laurieton, Nambucca Heads, Taree, Tuncurry
New England and North West
Armidale, Attunga, Barraba, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Manilla, Moree, Narrabri, Nundle, Tamworth, Wee Waa